Mexico’s Open UAV Laws Perfect for US Startups Interested in starting a drone related business but barred from doing so due to strict UAV law enforcement in the US? Go south of the border! Mexico has the potential to be the biggest market for drones on our continent because it does not suffer from these
Mexico’s Open UAV Laws Perfect for US Startups
Interested in starting a drone related business but barred from doing so due to strict UAV law enforcement in the US? Go south of the border! Mexico has the potential to be the biggest market for drones on our continent because it does not suffer from these legal restrictions. That means your UAV business dreams still have a chance!
Reasons Why Mexico May be the Biggest Market for Drones
Numerous drone-related startups in the US may have floundered or stalled due to strict UAV law enforcement practices. But what if entrepreneurs could find new locales in which to capitalize on their ideas? Mexico could be just such a place.
- Almost No UAV Law Enforcement Regulations: Among the main reasons that bring Mexico to the forefront of potential global markets for drones is that there are almost no airspace regulations concerning drones. This makes Mexico the best testing ground for developers who have been restricted by the tight regulations in the US.
- Rising Trend of Drone Use: The first drone pilot school recently opened in Mexico City and since then, drone use has picked up. The Drone Academy started by offering a nine hour course and, in less than a year, it has already graduated more than 50 pilots.
- Potential to Reverse Immigration Trend: If Mexico becomes the headlining market for drones in North America, the economic boost could help to reverse the flow of immigrants from south to north. Both US-based and Mexico-based businesses could provide thousands of jobs to engineers, programmers, test pilots, and more.
Successful Drone Related Businesses in Mexico
The success stories of businesses capitalizing on the opportunities presented by Mexico’s business environment are tangible evidence of Mexico’s potential for becoming the biggest drone market on the globe. Here are just a few of the drone businesses operating successfully in Mexico:
- Hydra Technologies: This is one of the most successful UAV businesses engaged in design and development of drones used for surveillance. Currently, Hydra Technologies manufactures two drone models: S4 Ehecatti and E1 Gavilan. Both these are currently in use in Mexico for ecological monitoring, surveillance, and civilian protection.
- Unmanned Systems Technology International: This business has recently introduced a drone known as MX-1 which is capable of flying continuously for up to seven hours and can reach a cruising speed of up to 68 mph. This drone is marketed as a purely Mexican product which has been developed after thousands of hours of conceptualization and meticulous testing.
- 3D Robotics: This is one of the most successful drone businesses in the world and has recently entered the Mexican market to capitalize on the opportunities on offer there.
The Mexican business environment offers great opportunities to businesses , developers, and vacationers alike because sky is literally the limit! Mexico may well become the global drone capital in the near future if it maintains its open UAV regulations. If you’re looking for a testing and proving ground for your amazing drone idea, get down south! You may find it has just the right atmosphere to help your business catapult into the big time.
Image via: USTI